Cranberry Sauce

I first made this Cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving back in 2007. It was the first time I had bought and used cranberries. I have made this sauce every year since then.


 I make it in small quantities and it adds a sweet and tart flavor to the meal.


Over the years I have changed it a little with organic ingredients, fresh squeezed juice and extended cook time. What I really like about this sauce is that it is tart and sweet at the same time. It can be used as a spread or substituted for jam if needed.

You will need
6 oz. fresh organic cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice


Add all the ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until berries pop. Mash gently with the back of a spoon or masher. Let the sauce simmer for about 3-5 minutes more.


Turn off heat. Chill until ready to serve. The sauce thickens as it cools.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Eyecatchy sauce, cant take my eyes off.. Such a beautiful dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing Varada, wish we get them too for me to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty color .I like this recipe , bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats is a pretty looking sauce, Varada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranberries have such a beautiful color..wish we could get them here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.