Besitos de Coco (Venezuelan Coconut Cookies)

I love coconut in desserts. These baked coconut cookies are almost all coconut and brown sugar with a little egg yolk and flour for binding. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.


I made these cookies as part of a Venezuelan meal. They are bite sized cookies and it is hard to stop with just one.


I cut this recipe to a quarter and made just eight.

You will need for 8 cookies
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tbsp. butter at room temperature
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and form a dough.


Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form bite size balls of the coconut dough and place them on the baking sheet.


Bake for 30-35 minutes until they are brown.


Cool on a baking rack.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Simple cookie recipe and like the fact that it has very little butter in it. Bookmarked !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of my childhood when we used to eat these coconut cookies. .they look so well baked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look simply superb Varada, I too love coconut in dessert, esp cookies..so nicely done.do you think egg replacer works or curd is better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not an expert in replacing eggs but since egg is used here to bind the ingredients a substitute that binds would work best.

      Delete
  4. Those cookies look crispy on the outside and yummy inside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture reminds me of the coconut balls I used to have in my childhood. I am planning to try this with curd as egg substitute...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.