2 minute chocolate cake in a mug

Craving chocolate cake? Make this quick microwave version that takes just 2 minutes to bake. This is my 100th post on this blog and I wanted it to be something sweet. Cakes are always a hit and with this microwave recipe I can have it ready in 2 minutes.


When my daughter returned from school on a cold winter evening I asked her if she wanted chocolate cake. She thought I was pulling her leg when I told I would bake her one in a couple of minutes. I asked her to standby and watch.


She was very amused watching me put the dry ingredients in the cup. Then she looked on in disbelief when I mixed the wet ingredients in to it. It was fun watching her watch me finish the cake and hand her a fork and the cup.

This recipe is all over the food blogs so I found it impossible to tell where it originated.

You will need
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
3 tbsp. sugar
1.5 tbsp. cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
a pinch baking soda
3 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp. olive oil

In a large mug add the dry ingredients and mix them together.


Add the wet ingredients and mix well again.


Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Watch for overflow. If the batter rises too close to the edge open the door to let the cake settle down, then close the door and restart. When done the cake is ready.


This cake is moist and gooey.

Comments